Back in December when I was in New York with my cousin Taj, I picked up the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Volume II Eyeshadow Palette ($47 CAD). We spent a lot of time in various Sephora stores while we were there and at that time, I was able to swatch this palette that I had been eyeing online, but wasn’t yet available in store in Canada. I fell in love with the palette and bought it, even though the exchange rate was a killer. But really, how was I supposed to resist this crease-free eyeshadow palette with eight cool-toned shades?
- Conch, an off white, that surprisingly looks good on me, provided I use a light hand when applying it. I use it as an accent or highlight shade rather than using it the main shade in any look. But that’s just my personal preference more than anything.
- Sunset, a yellow gold, is a really pretty shade that is going to feature in a lot of my looks for summer.
- Marina, a caramel, is practically the shame shade as my skin. It works really well as a transition shade for me.
- Seaside, a chestnut, is a little deeper than my skin tone and quite frankly, it looks amazing on my skin. It features in most of the looks I create with this palette.
- Siren, dark brown, is a pretty standard shade. It, like the rest of the palette, is cool-toned, but still manages to not look ashy on the skin.
- Breezy, a shimmering slate, is such a pretty and unique colour. I don’t normally wear grey shades because they tend to look very harsh on my skin. But this one avoids the harsh, ashiness that I tend to get from other formulas and just looks stunning.
- Riptide, a steel blue, is perfect to take any look I create from day-to-night. I use this one with a super light hand because this bad boy is intense.
- Pearl, white shimmer, is not a shade that I use too often. It’s a little too light for me, which kind of sucks because it is stunning. Maybe I’ll find a way to work it into one of my looks one of these good days.
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Volume II Eyeshadow Palette
Overall I continue to be impressed with Tarte. I haven’t been wearing a lot of eyeshadow lately, but when I do, I almost always reach for Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Volume II Eyeshadow Palette. It’s just so beautiful and absolutely effortless that it would be a shame not to use it as often as I do. The crease-free powder formula is so unique that I don’t need to use a brush or primer to apply it and have it looking amazing. Maybe I’ll have to pick up Volume I, and see how well I like that. If you are interested in getting the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Volume II Eyeshadow Palette you can pick it up at your local Sephora store.
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Volume II Eyeshadow Palette purchased by me, but this post does contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own.