Sadly, it has been quite a few years since I’ve been this excited about a MAC Cosmetics Christmas Collection. Don’t get me wrong, while I still like them, I’ve been quite caught up in other collections for a number of years now and the yearly offering from MAC has kind of slipped right by me. Not this year though; this year they are firmly back in my sights with the Snow Ball Collection. Like previous MAC Holiday Collections, Snow Ball is coming to us in stages. While the there are standard offerings of palettes, lip kits, brush kits and so on, the standout in stage one is none other than this MAC Snow Ball Mini Lipstick Set.
The MAC Snow Ball Mini Lipstick Set comes in this very lovely decorative storage case on contains 12 mini versions of MAC’s most popular lipstick shades. They are so unbelievably cute and the perfect size for popping into your clutch or purse. Honestly, I like the smaller size found in this kit. There are a few shades that I probably won’t wear as often so I can’t really justify a full-sized version.
Shades included in the MAC Snow Ball Mini Lipstick Set are:
- Party Commencing – Clean light neutral pink (matte)
- Little Darling – Clean light nude (matte)
- Please Me – Muted-rosy-tinted pink (matte)
- Mangrove – Hot, bright red (matte)
- Ruby Woo – Very vivid blue-red (matte)
- Rebel – Midtonal cream plum (satin)
- Flat Out Fab – Bright plum (matte)
- Good Kisser – Midtone fuchsia (matte)
- Diva – Intense reddish-burgundy (matte)
- Velvet Teddy – Deep-tone beige (matte)
- Whirl – Dirty Rose (matte)
- Stone – Muted greyish taupe brown (matte)
MAC Snow Ball Mini Lipstick Set ($83.50 CAD)
Hands down, my favourite shade is none other than Ruby Woo. I haven’t worn it in years, and I think they re-did the formula, but I honestly forgot how perfect a red it is for pretty much everyone. I think the MAC Snow Ball Mini Lipstick Set is a great collector’s item for a makeup junkie, or a great starter set for a newbie. Either way, you are guaranteed to get some serious use out of this set while testing out some of MAC’s most popular shades. This set retails for $83.50 CAD, and can be purchased online or at your local MAC store.
MAC Snow Ball Mini Lipstick Set purchased by me. All opinions are my own.