Nail Polish is not something I tend to focus on here on the blog. It’s not that I don’t like wearing Nail Polish I just generally don’t make the time to worry about it too often. Which, when you consider the amount of nail polish I own, is pretty silly. Out of all the nail polish I own, the ‘Essence The Gel Nail Polish‘ ($2.99 CAD each) line is hands down my favourite. There are currently 24 different shades in the line, in a wide variety of colours.
Of the shades available, I recently picked up five:
- Island Hopping is an opaque turquoise that I really didn’t expect to like. I normally stay away from green shades as they don’t tend to work for me. But Island Hopping is gorgeous.
- Feels Like Birthday is a bright dark pink. This is such a standout shade and wearing this one is guaranteed to draw some attention. It’s pretty opaque right off the bat and I can get away with one coat, but to make it last longer, I would recommend going for two coats.
- Perfect Match is light, warm pink. I actually like this one, which is quite surprising. It’s not too light and doesn’t make my hands look strange like most pale shades tend to do.
- Dreaming of Love? is the ultimate pink shade and it seems like it’s a midway between Perfect Match and Feels Like Birthday.
- Jeans On! is a perfect muted blue. I’m in love with this shade. It’s pretty much the perfect mix of blue and grey. I find it to be super wearable and very flattering with my skin tone. It take a lot to not wear this one week after week.
Here are some close ups of each shade. I also used 2 coats for each swatch and no top coat.
Feels Like Birthday
Dreaming of Love?
Overall, I really do love the Essence The Gel Nail Polish line. They last longer than any nail polish I have ever owned, come in a wide variety of colours and are super affordable. These are gel nail polishes without all the hassle and fuss of using a UV light to cure. Hands down my favourite shade is still Jeans On!, with Feels Like Birthday coming in at a close second. But really, when it all comes down to it, each shade is absolutely gorgeous in it’s own right.
Have you tried any of the Essence The Gel Nail Polish line yet?
*Purchased by me*